Welcome to the The Arnold Medieval Fighting Invitational
This will be the biggest Mens 5v5 bohurt tournament in yet held in North America! This is a limited club admission event that will run from 2-4 on Friday March 6th, 2020 in Columbus, OH at The Arnold Sports Festival. The festival attracts over 22,000 athletes across 80+ sports and over 200,000 spectators through the weekend. A set of Women 3v3 demonstration events is possible. If we get 4 women's teams or there are enough to do a 5v5, then we will do those as well.
Submission for your 5v5 Men's and Women's bohurt teams will open after Battle of the Nations is completed on May 17th. Submissions for the event will close on July 1st for clubs. This is due to the need for planning an outstanding tournament within the limited 2-4 hours allowed for running our tournament. There will be a limited number of singles/outrace fighters accepted, however these will be for fillers between fights.
There will be a small fee of $100 per club and $20 for individuals, if a team is formed from those looking to create an ad hoc team. Payment will be due by August 31st to ensure we have time to fill out the tournament. This fee will be used to cover insurance and the cost of trophies for the champion club.
There is currently limited to 6 teams that will be selected for the tournament, but it may be expanded based on demand and the ability to add time to our tournament at the expo. Not all teams will be accepted. See Regulations below.
We will be looking to fill the following roles for the tournament:
- Head and Filed Marshal
- 4-6 line marshals
- 1 Time Keeper
- 1 List Secretary
- 1-2 Hype Announcers
The additional need to plan and have hard deadlines is so we can attempt to secure the ability to reserve 2 hotel rooms downtown per club. We will be in the main expo hall B in the highest visibility location. Athletes and some limited staff attending will get free entrance for the weekend, however other support will need to purchase an expo pass, which is a moderate $50 for the weekend. Children 14 and under should get in free. See the expo website for details. A locked room will be provided Thursday night for storage of gear, but must be removed at the end of the day on Friday. We will be armoring in the room and marching down to the list. There is additionally a limited amount of space next to the list, which is only for a preparing to fight area, so all gear will need to be stored in the armoring room.
Rules and Regulations:
We will follow HMB rules as established at the Battle of the Nations 2019 in Serbia. Additional details:
- One deviation at the moment will be the list field will be a 3' high metal bike rack.
- Additional details such as flooring will be provided as they become known.
- No white flag concessions will be allowed
- Fighting with be round robin with the top two teams to compete for the champion of the tournament.
- Video reviews will be limited to 5 minutes and/or the impact on the flow of the fighting will be instrumental into the execution of the tournament.
- Singles demonstration fighting and/or pro fights will fill any voids created.
- Size of list field will likely be close to the regulation size of 10m x 20m.
- There will be a requirement to submit photos of fighters to review their kit. While no authenticity requirement is present, the ability to present a quality appearance is of the highest concern and will impact acceptance or your team or individual fighters.